[Samba] join as ADS member

Zuwei Liu zuwei at neopathnetworks.com
Tue Jun 22 22:26:29 GMT 2004

Hello,

I met a problem when I trying to join a linux client to a Windows 2003
server. This Windows 2003 server is ADS and PDS, plus DNS. The client is
Linux RedHat 7.3, installed Samba 3.0.4.

I tried to use

# net ads join -UAdministrator%abcedef

it give me error of

"libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(135)
  kerberos_kinit_password Administrator at QA4.NEOPATHNETWORKS.COM failed:
Cannot find KDC for requested realm"

I tried to run

# kinit

and also get error of

"kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm
while getting initial credentials"

Does any one know what's wrong or what kind of configuration I missed?

The smb.conf is list below:

netbios name = lisbon
interfaces = 172.22.4.137
bind interfaces only = yes
security = ADS
realm = qa4.neopathnetworks.com
password server = rio.qa4.neopathnetworks.com

Thanks alot
zuwei