[Samba] Lag on network using Samba

binc5 binc5 at ctech.ac.za
Fri Jun 18 13:30:08 GMT 2004

** High Priority **

Not usre where to find more info or what info you are looking for, but
glad to try if you give me some pointers where to look.

not sure if this helps but using Suse 9.0  with Samba  version 2.2.8a
on the file server and accessing it through a Win2000 client

I used all the default values, assigned, when using the YAST wizard
under suse, except for the change I made from user to domain security,
which seems to have solved the problem, or gotten round it at least.

Steven

Keith Edmunds schrieb:

>>This seems to solve the problem, would you mind explaining, what
causes
>>the delay, and if I wanted to have user security is there a way I
could
>>do this without incuring the delay?
>

> The delay is to check for a possible exploitation bug in NT, I
believe. I'm
> not aware of any way of avoiding the delay with "security = user".

I use security=user and don't see such a delay so i'm surprised here
(3.0.4). Do you know where to get more information about this bug
checking? I'm curious now.

Holger
~~~~ Scanned by neroAntiVirus.com (14:21:46 SPITFIRE) ~~~~

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911