[Samba] why doesn't Samba Server want my password?

wuelf wuelf at gmx.de
Tue Jun 8 19:22:26 GMT 2004

hello,
I've got a strange problem here. i set up a samba server on a trustix
linux system, everything works fine except for

the fact that a user on a windows machine can log on to his account on
the server without having to give a password.

He's logged on on the Winxp pc with his username(same as on the server)
but without a password.

i don't understand what's going on, I guess it's something quite trivial
but so far neither google nor the howtos I've read have given me an
answer, hope someone can help me.

here's my smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)