[Samba] mount.cifs problems

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Mon Jun 7 04:17:07 GMT 2004

samba-3.0.3-5 on fedora core 2.  I have successfully joined the domain
and can access samba shares from windows clients/server.

I can connect to windows 2003 shares using smbclient but I cannot mount
windows shares on using either smbmount or mount.cifs
Using smbmount, I always get "cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and
we have disabled it" - I do have  the following:

   client use spnego = yes
   client signing = yes
   server signing = yes

Using mount.cifs - all I get is "mount error 13 = Permission denied" and
dmesg returns

     CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
     CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

Can someone point me in the right direction?!?

Vernon