[Samba] install software when the user logs on (with admin previledges)

Malte Woelky Malte.Woelky at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 00:52:01 GMT 2004

Hallo,

Friday, June 4, 2004, 6:15:42 AM, you wrote:

CW> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 17:34, Malte Woelky wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> is it possible to install software when the user logs on ?
>>
>> I think the problem is, that some software needs admin-rights to be
>> correctly installed?
>>
>> The logon script is executeted with the username/right of the
>> logging-on user, so one can think of changing the user from within the netlogon-script...
>> but this would be dangerous, as one has to write the password
>> of an admin account in the netlogon-script to change the user, right?
>>
>> Does someone have an better idea or how this could be savely done?
CW> ---
CW> Microsoft.com  Software Update Services

My problem are not windows software updates,
I need to install applications like education software, office
software on an automaticalle base (something like "Software
installation"  without GPO as I use Samba3 as NT DC, so maybe netlogon
scripts are an solution ) etc....

Does someone have an idea how this can be done,

--
Best regards,
 Malte                            mailto:malte.woelky at gmx.de

Malte Woelky -=[SkyNet]=-
Unix/DBs/Networks/LDAP/Active Directory
Cert  : MCSA 2000+2003, MCSA:msg, MCSE 2000+2003
voice : 0209/977 37 03 : 0174/95 32 105
eMail : Malte.Woelky at gmx.de
WWW : http://www.woelky.net/
_________ ICQ# 12 767 43 99 _________