[Samba] Win Integration: possible solution?

Sensei senseiwa at tin.it
Sat Jul 31 11:26:59 GMT 2004

Hi. Back again...

I'm still looking for a possible integration of MIT K5 and AFS through
the windows login, so I will ask you a question.

A first considerations is that afs+k5 works fine but we have to create a
local account with a fake password. The profile will be on the local
disk. We can gain tickets and the token necessary to access \\AFS. The
problem is: how to avoid a local account?

What about samba? I don't know, but maybe some of you can help me with
this solution. Samba can be a gateway being a windows domain. Now, can
we set windows to look for a remote profile instead of the local one, so
that we mimic what we do on afs, k5 and setting login on a mit kdc?
But... how to do this?

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa at tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>