[Samba] need some advice

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Thu Jul 29 12:16:15 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 05:18, lists at mhcsoftware.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've several - for me - big problems. i've posted here several times and
> only got generic or no replies. as my problmes ge more and more urgent i
> need some help. where can i get this ? what do i have to do. i'm realy
> desperate ..

Matthias, please, in one long drawn out e-mail, again:

1. List your problems, as quite detailed as possible. Including Samba
version, configure options used, what type of environment you are using
besides samba, the OSes involved with the problems.

2. List your steps you have taken to solve these issues, including
google search queries used (just the search terms), options
enabled/disabled/changed, Libraries you have updated, and so on.

3. Give us Level 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 samba log snippets showing the
problems, the error codes the Windows side is getting.

4. Give us a sanitized copies of you smb.conf, krb5.conf, slapd.conf and
any other conf you are using... including scripts to add users, delete
users etc....

Otherwise, you will only get a generic response. *IF* someone can get
their arms around you problem, they may post a few fixes that may or may
not work. This is the way of this list, we are not GODS (well except
Jerry, John and Gerald (plus a few others on the samba team))

greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux