[Samba] Drive mapping failing

Bob Lansley bob.lansley at analog.com
Thu Jul 29 08:45:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a 2.2.8 Samba server setup here that is mapping Unix
home directories to a drive at login for Windows XP and
Win2K Pro desktops. I'm using server level security, the
password server being an Active Directory server.

This works consistantly well.

I've introduced a Win2K Server with terminal services and
Samba will fail to authenticate after only a very few logins
complaining that the password or username is invalid.

I also periodically get "System error 1326 has occurred"

Has anyone else used Samba in this way and seen an issue
with Win2K Server?

smb.conf included.

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = ANALOG
    server string = acesn19 Samba Server Version 2.2.8
    security = SERVER
    password server = hostname.domainname
    username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbusers
    log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
    disable spoolss = Yes
    dns proxy = No

[homes]