[Samba] recycle with samba 3.0.5

Ricardo A. ricardoa at dim.fm.usp.br
Wed Jul 28 18:38:34 GMT 2004

Holger Krull wrote:

>>    Anybody here use the module recycle with samba version 3.0.5!?
>>
>>    I use with 2.2.8a without problems.
>>
>>    Is this.
>

> I use it. Works fine. testparam goes crazy if it hits the recycle
> options in 3.0.5.
> It isn't a separate module anymore.

    Hi Holger,

    Look my smb.conf about recycle:

    ;recyclebin options
       recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.o *.obj ~$*
       recycle:keeptree = True
       recycle:touch = True
       recycle:versions = True
       recycle:noversions = .doc|.xls|.ppt
       recycle:repository = /home/trash
       recycle:maxsize = 10000000
       create mask = 0777
       directory mask = 0777
       vfs objects = recycle

[homes]
       comment = Home Directories
       read only = No
       browseable = No
       path = /home/%u
       create mask = 0750
       vfs options = /etc/samba/recycle.conf
       vfs object = /etc/samba/recycle.so

       Now, result of testparm:

       # testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Unknown parameter encountered: "vfs options"
Ignoring unknown parameter "vfs options"

       But, in compilation, don't have any erros.

       Can you send me the pass how to you configure a recycle in samba
3.0.5!?

       Thank you so much

        Ricardo A.

--
             Ricardo A
        Analista de Suporte

Linux Registered User # 291904

The box said "Windows XP, Windows NT, or better".
So I installed GNU/Linux.