[Samba] What is the domain name when using Samba as PDC

Andreas Ntaflos daff at dword.org
Tue Jul 27 15:35:25 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 01:25:41AM +1000, Clement wrote:
> In setting up a Samba to serve as a PDC, where do I set the "Domain"
> name?  I checked a lot of document and just can't find this!

This is all in
http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-pdc.html
and an example is in
http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/samba-pdc.html#id2517482

Basically the domain name is set via the "workgroup = NAME" directive in
your smb.conf.

I suggest to read the document linked above as well as
http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/domain-member.html
which is equally important.

HTH
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos | "A cynic is a man who knows the price of
daff AT dword DOT org  | everything, and the value of nothing."