[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 Understanding Winbind

Stanley Tim tim.stanley at kuesters-usa.com
Fri Jul 23 12:20:12 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am using Samba 3.0.4 on a server in a Windows NT Domain. I am reading
about the "net" commands. I'm trying to better understand the purpose of net
groupmaps.

I have joined the Samba server to the NT domain. I can use wbinfo and getent
to view users and groups from the domain. However, what I'm trying to
understand is how the domain groups interrelate to the "domain groups" that
have been created on the Samba server. I see how I can groupmap the Samba
domain groups to unix groups. However, I'm not sure I understand if I can
groupmap the NT domain groups to the Samba groups. Anyone have experience
with that?

I have been reading all the documentation that I can, but it just is not
falling into place for me.

Thanks
Tim Stanley