[Samba] Base ldap access file.

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Fri Jul 23 08:52:32 GMT 2004

Hi,

Having set up a few Samba-ldap installations, I always end up with the
feeling that OpenLDAP ACLs is what took time. The following patches /
scripts might help someone else.

I would appreciate some input on the access.conf.pl file so that it is
even better tuned.

Mr Tournier and the sambateam: Please include the files you find
usefull.

The attached files are:

slapd.conf.pl :
A simple utility to generate a bafis slapd.conf file. Usage:
./slapd.conf.pl <basedn> <hostname> [tls] > slapd.conf.
Note: This one is not that important.

access.conf.pl:
This is a simple utility to generate a working set of ACLs for a basic
samba-ldap installation.

Usage:
./access.conf.pl <basedn> <hostname> > access.conf

access.conf must then be added as a include at the end of slapd.conf.

smbldap-populate.patch:
This is a patch to add an extra ou=Services to the ldaptree and add a
simpelSecurityObject samba to that ou. Use this as the "sambauser". The
only thing samba needs is access to the ldap-tree not be a complete
Unix/Windos user.

The patch is written so that if you run configure.pl in smbldaptools
first, it will use the password you have set for the master ldapserver,
thus you save a bit work there :-)

Please comment and commit ;-)

Tarjei