[Samba] Re: i need recycle bin configuration

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Fri Jul 23 02:13:04 GMT 2004

It does exist. On a Mandrake box, if you change to the profile directory:
cd /var/lib/samba/profiles/[username]
and then use
/../../../home/%U/Trash
then what you find is that you are in the /home/[username]/Trash
directory which lies within the bounds of the homes share.

The idea was centralized trash. You must admit that it would be nice to
be able to find all the trash in one place for one user.  I've found
that this really does not work very well though so I've already gone to
the suggestion below.

> Why not the suggested recycle:repository = .recycle/%U
> Works like a charm.

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|