[Samba] Samba Server (on Linux) authenticating it's clients against an OS/2 Domain

webster at lexmark.com webster at lexmark.com
Wed Jul 21 22:24:08 GMT 2004

Hello.

The subject pretty much sums-up my question.  Can this be done?

I'm thinking that this was fairly standard/easy when I first started using
Samba years ago, & that I'd seen some discussion/instructions about it.
Now however, all I can find is unanswered postings regarding this
question.

I've tried following the relevant guides for having a Samba server
authenticate users against a WinNT domain.
The point at which I appear to be failing there is in joining the Samba
server to the Domain.
>From 'net rpc join -S OS2-PDC -U os2admin%secret' , I receive:
could not initialise lsa pipe
could not obtain sid for domain