[Samba] Re: i need recycle bin configuration

Weißmann Philipp Philipp.Weissmann at brose.net
Wed Jul 21 07:34:08 GMT 2004

Hi Jim,

Your configuration could look like this:

[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = no
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
#  Use Recycler Modul (check your path !)
   vfs object = /usr/lib/samba/vfs/recycle.so
#  Name of the directory the "trash" will be stored in
   vfs object = recycle:repository=.recycle
#  Keep multiple versions of deleted files
                recycle:versions=True
#  Touch files on "recycling"
                recycle:touch=True
#  Keep the tree when deleting whole structures
                recycle:keeptree=True

Philipp Weissmann