[Samba] Re: PDC without profiles?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jul 20 12:40:42 GMT 2004

Paul Gienger wrote:

> Actually, on that server we also have a blank logon path specified which
> is populated on the other servers.  This is on 2.2.8, so YMMV, but I
> would guess it works on 3.0.x.

That "might" be it as I did not have that set blank until long after my "join the domain" package had the registry update in it.

> Also remember, every
> change you make to a client is one more thing to screw up

If you're going to compute that way, then put the computer back in the box and leave it on the client's desk and tell them to never open the box! ;-)

> although in
> this case it sounds as if you're doing it automatically.

Ja, of course! Das is good! I would want to run around to thousands of computers and try to configure them all the same way by hand why...??? I could easilly forget steps on this machine or that one,
slight configuration details to drive me insain when one computer out of the bunch does not work properly. Automatically with LOGGING as the truth is in the logs... many automated systems skimp on
logs... shame shame shame on them.

--
Michael Lueck
Electronic Software Distribution Engineer