[Samba] New to Samba

OS/2User os2user at gbenet.com
Fri Jul 16 12:22:42 GMT 2004

Hi All,

For many years I have had an OS/2 box peer to peer Netbois over TCP/IP
connecting to either stand alone WIN98 or Dual boot with OS/2.

Now I've moved the laptops over to Linux. I installed Linspire which is
supposed to support Samba. Being new to Samba I have no idea what to to
put in the .conf file - on Linspire there's 5 of these files. All I have
changed is the workgroup name.

Everywhere I read it's abot installing the server side - not much on
Linux being just a client. Or the other main topic Micosoft accessing a
samba server.

What I need is setting up amba as a Client Only any one prepared to give
me a helping hand - help much appreciated!

Regards,

David
--
Web site: https://www.gbenet.com 100 + links to OS/2 Sites + News IBM
Business Partner - Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; U; Warp 4; en-US; rv:1.3)