[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 acl problem

Prajjwal prajjwal at wlink.com.np
Wed Jul 14 07:26:29 GMT 2004

Thanks Jerry

I had checked most of the time using the netbios name of the samba host.
  I am using samba 3.0.4, and I do recall that I had been able to get
the acls working for around a day even using the netbios names when I
had been playing around with some settings.  However, the acl display
stopped working all of a sudden, and I have been perplexed as to why
that happened.

I tried setting up a very basic samba configuration with samba on two
different machines, and I am getting the both result on both -- I can
get the list of users when I logon to the host using the ip address, but
I can't get the userlist when I use the netbios name.  Modifying
existing acl's works fine though.

I am using a configuration that testparm labels as:
  "Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC"
--guess that shouldn't be happening right?

Would help a lot if any of you had any suggestions

With best regards,
Prajjwal