[Samba] Moved samba doesn't work

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sun Jul 11 17:37:21 GMT 2004

Moved samba (acting as a standalone system) from a RH9 system to a FC1
system.  It wont authenticate the users.  Here is more of the specifics:

1. Users log into a Samba PDC.
2. Login scripts setup their mappings
3. Some mappings are on the PDC (these still work)
4. Some mappings are on the standalone server.
5. The version of samba on RH9 is 2.2.7
6. The version of samba on FC1 is 3.0.4

I basically copied the /etc/samba directory over to the FC1 box then ran
swat and made sure everthing was ok, and then commited the smb.conf and
shutdown the old server (RH9) and started the new server (on FC1).  Is
there something else I have to do?  Maybe with the password file?