[Samba] Cannot login to PDC after upgrade

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sun Jul 11 14:14:57 GMT 2004

We recently converted our Redhat9 Samba server to Debian Sarge/testing. We
are running (3.0.2a-Debian). After installing Debian, I itegrated the old
configuration files (smb.conf, smbpasswd, smbusers, secrets.tdb) making
changes where I thought it was necessary. When I tried to login to our
Windows 2000 server using rdesktopl, windows tells me that I've specified
the incorrect username or password. The logs on the server give me the
following:

[2004/07/11 10:55:24, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe.c:api_pipe_netsec_process(1371)
  failed to decode PDU
[2004/07/11 10:55:24, 0] rpc_server/srv_pipe_hnd.c:process_request_pdu(605)
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

Can anyone help me with this?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E