[Samba] how can I changed the Samba Domain?

Wesley Hobbie wslyhbb at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 15:25:23 GMT 2004

I have an LDAP backend to my Samba and the sambaDomain attribute is
different from my WORKGROUP setting in my smb.conf.  I try to rename the
sambaDomain and it automatically creates a new sambaDomain attribute with
the old name, meaning now there are two sambaDomain attributes.  Apparently
it is getting the domain from somewhere, and it is obviously not getting it
from the WORKGROUP value, so where is it getting the value so that I can
change it there so it will change correctly?

Wes Hobbie