[Samba] Samba3.0 linux server and OS/2 Warp4 client Failure

David Paupe dpaupe at besancon.parkeon.com
Fri Jul 9 09:30:06 GMT 2004

Hi,

    I have a samba3.0.4-r1 server on a linux Gentoo OS, and a OS2/ Warp4
client which mount (with net use command) a smb partition without
problem... I can acceded it, create, modify and delete files on it.

But this smb mount, is use by the OS/2 client to perfom a compilation
(write the .lib file of the compliation of a lib library with the
ilib.exe program). The .lib file must be created with several .c files,
but after having creating the .lib file to the compilation of the first
.c file, I have this message :
        "LIB0009: Error : Unable to write <the .lib file>"
But when I look in the directory where the .lib file must be, I can see
him. The compilation Stop after the perform of the first .c file.

When I use a samba2.2 server I haven't this PB...

Someone can help me ? What's the difference between Samb2.2 and
Samba3.0.4 which can perform the problem ? There is a new option I must
defined ?

Best regards

David