[Samba] Samba looses its print share

Karel De Vriendt Karel.De-Vriendt at skynet.be
Thu Jul 8 19:41:40 GMT 2004

I am using Samba 3.0.4-1.12 under SuSE 9.1 to make my printer (an HP
PSC950) available to the rest of the family (that is using Windows
machines).  The printer is configured via CUPS.

OK except for one thing: regularly, Samba seems to loose the print share
(printer no longer reachable from the Windows machines, printer no
longer listed as shared when I do "smbclient -L localhost -U%".

Stopping and restarting smb (./smb stop and ./smb start as root)
normally cures the problem.

Happens every couple of days.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance for helping, Karel De Vriendt