[Samba] SAMBA and NFS

bastard operater bofh1234 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:23:37 GMT 2004

Can samba connect to an NFS share and then re-export that share so my
windows XP users can connect to it?  Basically I have a NFS share that all
of my windows XP users need read-only access to.  The goal of this project
is to replace an old MS Gateway Services for Novell server (using IPX) with
something that can do the same thing but over IP.  I am pretty sure Novell
and AD can share files using Native File Access, but that would require the
Novell admins to get CIFS setup on the Novell side.  The Novell server we
are using has NFS already setup and getting that much setup was like pulling
teeth.

Thanks,

BOFH1234