[Samba] Samba/win2k ??

Sheakoski, Corey M (PKI) corey.sheakoski1 at us.army.mil
Thu Jul 1 19:52:44 GMT 2004

I am very new to SAMBA and new to unix as well, which makes trying to set
this up very fun. I am trying to get 3.0.2 setup on our UNIX station and I
have it up and running. I am able to set a location and get to it from
win2k, so I'm about half way to what I want. My question: Is there a way to
setup samba so that only users I allow can access the files? I want to do it
in such a way that samba uses the win2k logon as the username it looks for
and so that once the user logs onto a workstation they dont have to logon to
samba everytime they need to access something. I know I can block
workstations by way of the IP filter but would like to do it this other way.
This may be completely impossible so please let me know. thanks alot.

corey