[Samba] Any approaches to server usage reporting/metrics

David Pullman dpullman at cme.nist.gov
Thu Jan 29 20:23:47 GMT 2004

Has anyone seen or implemented SAMBA server usage reporting?  The sort
of thing that can be reported to management.  Perhaps even any ideas on
how to approach this, even if it would need to be built in-house?

My intention is to show "how much" the server is used, such as number of
users, number of connections, etc.  As you can imagine, I'd like to find
a way to show what we get for the investment in time and equipment, as
part of an overall report on services by my group.

Thanks very much for any input.

David Pullman