[Samba] Samba / CUPS / Drivers

Anders Norrbring anders at norrbring.biz
Wed Jan 28 16:13:43 GMT 2004

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use different driver file
downloads for different printers on the system?  As of what I can see in all
doc-files I can only use ONE set of drivers for all added printers?

F.x. I have one printer that is handled by CUPS' PPD system, and one printer
that uses RAW.

So, the first printer (PPD) should have its feed in postscript format from
the Windows clients, so they get the Adobe PS driver set by download when
they add the printer to the system.

But the second printer that should be fed by the Windows clients already
processed stream, that is, they need the printer manufacturers native
printer driver for Windows.  So, they should NOT get the Adobe friver, but a
different set.

Is it doable?  I run CUPS v1.2.0b1 and Samba 2.2.5.

Anders Norrbring