[Samba] winbind + solaris + ssh

Aaron Sheard asheard at axia.com
Fri Jan 23 18:28:35 GMT 2004

I have a requirement where i would like to have my solaris 8 machines
authenticate users to a active directory domain. I would like to use
winbind with pam so that i can use openssh.

I have the authentication part working, where i run into problems is
when the windows account is expired. It does not pormpt for
a password change, it just says 'access denied'

in syslog, i get:

Jan 23 10:51:06 xctm000 pam_winbind[2813]: [ID 507189 auth.error]
request failed, PAM error was 10, NT error was
NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_MUST_CHANGE

my question is, should i spend any more time trying to get winbind to
work with this, or is it not supported? I need it so that
when peoples accounts expire on the domain that the unix prompt will ask
for a password change. as well
i would like them to be able to issue a passwd command in the shell and
have it change the domain password.

thanks in advance...

aaron sheard