[Samba] Re: Strange behaviour WinHP and 2.2.8a and inherit permissions

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Tue Jan 20 09:41:48 GMT 2004

Was that really your smb.conf or the long output of testparm?
It's difficult to use. I suggest you should remove all items
with default values.

Other than that I don't see anything wrong with it, although
my working equivalent of your [Dokumente] looks a little
different:

  [Dokumente]
        path = /daten/shares/dokumente
        read only = No
        map system = No
        inherit permissions = Yes
        security mask = 0777
        directory security mask = 0777
        oplocks = No

Try it out. If it doesn't work for you, then you'll need to
bump the debugging level a little higher and try to figure
out what actually happens when you try to execute a WinProg
on this share with enabled permission inheritance.