[Samba] Winbind Problems

David Childs david.childs at bluebell.ppdi.com
Mon Jan 19 14:37:01 GMT 2004

Hello

I hope someone can help me out. I have setup samba Version 3.0.0 to
work with LDAP and winbind.

I can join the domain with a Win2k client but if I try to login it
fails. When I try to view the users of the domain I can't but I can
see the groups from the Win2k client.

The problem is that wbinfo -g reports correctly
[root at ldap samba]# wbinfo -g
Domain Admins
Domain Users
Domain Guests
Domain Computers

But wbinfo -u has errors
[root at ldap samba]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

Any ideas?
nsswitch.conf
passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files
group:      files winbind

smb.conf
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind separator = +
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
idmap gid = 10000-20000
idmap uid = 10000-20000
#use nss_winbind = yes
template homedir = /home/samba/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/false

ldap.conf
#nss_base_passwd        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_passwd         dc=example,dc=com

#nss_base_shadow        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_shadow         dc=example,dc=com

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.