[Samba] Trouble installing Samba 3.0.0 on Linux Slackware 9.0

elrond at despammed.com elrond at despammed.com
Sat Jan 17 20:54:00 GMT 2004

Hello:

I tried to install samba 3.0.0 in slackware 9.0, but 'make' failed:

# ...
# Compiling rpcclient/rpcclient.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_lsarpc.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_samr.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c
# rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c: In function `get_driver_3_param':
# rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c:1185: warning: passing arg 1 of `strtok' discards
# qualifiers from pointer target type
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_netlogon.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_srvsvc.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_dfs.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_reg.c
# rpcclient/cmd_reg.c: In function `cmd_reg_shutdown':
# rpcclient/cmd_reg.c:910: warning: passing arg 2 of `getopt' from
# incompatible pointer type
# Compiling rpcclient/display_sec.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_ds.c
# Compiling rpcclient/cmd_echo.c
# Linking bin/rpcclient
# collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
# make: *** [bin/rpcclient] Error 1

I read make.file and I found inside it some link to rpcclient, but without understanding much of it: I'm not a programmer...
Someone told me that probably the process doesn't know where the rpcclient is, and perhaps something was messed up during the configure, but I don't know how remedy:
There is someone who can help me?