[Samba] disappearing files

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Wed Jan 14 21:01:24 GMT 2004

To reply to my own message, I have finally found something in the logs
that indicates a permission denied error, as follows:

when attempting to read the directory, on one entry the following shows:

get_lanman2_dir_entry: Couldn't stat [Filename in directory structure]
(Permission Denied)

At the samba/share level, things should be okay. At the unix file system
level, like I said, the user is the owner of the file.

Ideas?

Jon Johnston
Creative Business Solutions
IBM, Lotus, Microsoft Consultants