[Samba] Win XP Pro / Linux PDC

Art Powell art at adalante.net
Tue Jan 13 16:52:35 GMT 2004

In XP, you have to make some changes to the security policy. On the XP
client, go to the "Control Panel" and then "Administrative Tools" and
then open the "Local Security Settings" and the open the "Local Options"
and then the "Security Options" folder. The following should be
DISABLED:

Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data
Domain Member: Digitally encrypt secure data channel
Domain Member: Digitally sign secure data channel.

Reboot your machine, and it should now be able to join the domain.

This was a problem in SAMBA 2.x. Let me know if it works, I am
interested to see if it is still a problem in SAMBA 3.x (my guess is
yes, due to difference in the way XP authenticates.).

Art Powell
Adalante Network Solutions Inc.
9410-C Anderson Mill Road
Austin, TX 78729