[Samba] net rpc vampire still not working

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Sat Jan 3 09:16:18 GMT 2004

Hi Beast,

Thanks for your suggestions. You ripper. Now all machine accounts, groups,
and users migrate across and the 'net rpc vampire' appears to be working now.

I made some changes to smb.conf:

[global]
add machine script = /sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d /dev/null -g
smbnobody -c "Machine Account" -s /bin/false "%u"
printer admin = administrator

[netlogon]
        path = /opt/local/samba/lib/netlogon
        write list = administrator
        locking = No

I also applied a patch to smbldap-useradd.pl to accept dots in the
username supplied by Jérôme Tournie.

The only major problem I have left right now is that the password hashes
do not migrate. This is what the ldif looks like for all users:

--snip--
sambaLMPassword: XXX
sambaNTPassword: XXX
--snip--

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me thus far.

Darren