[Samba] pdbedit -P 'maximum password age' -C 0 should == never expire?

Fabien Chevalier fabien.chevalier at supelec.fr
Mon Feb 23 18:08:18 GMT 2004

Le Lundi 23 Février 2004 17:31, JustFillBug a écrit :
> When I set the 'maximum password age' to 0, my password
> expired immediately after I did a smbpasswd. Shouldn't setting
> it to 0 mean the password will never expire? Or are there any
> other way to set password to never expire?
>
> Here is the microsoft's interpretation on 'maximum password
> age':
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003
>/proddocs/entserver/501.asp
>
> It said 0 = 'never expire'.

Hello,

In fact i think this doesn't work like that with Samba.
the field name is the same, but in Samba case, it contains
a number of seconds. Each time you change your password, the 'password must
change' field in your account is incremented by this number.

So in your case it's incremented of 0, so your password expires immediately..

Bye,

Fabien Chevalier