[Samba] Re: OS2 - Samba

Adrian Gschwend ktk at netlabs.org
Wed Feb 18 08:36:05 GMT 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:45:44 +1100, Alex Yala wrote:

Hi Alex,

> I tried to connect OS2 Warp 4 to Samba server.  The network used to be
> NT 4.0 Domain, then migrated to Samba to become Domain Controller.  I've
> followed below instruction, and still can't login to the domain.  I can
> get an IP address and ping the Samba server, but can't login to domain
> and map any network share.
>

> http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#AEN2435

We will soon release a new version of SAMBA client for OS/2 (Server will
come later). It is implemented as a plugin for NetDrive
(http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com/netdrive/) which is an excellent
product for such stuff.

If you want it I can send you the first version of the plugin. If you are
interesed please contact me by email (ktk a t netlabs.org)

cu

Adrian

PS: All changes are for sure released as GPL, the version is not yet
public so we wont't pack the source yet with this file. It's in our public
CVS so far.