[Samba] Problems usign samba with Windows XP Pro

Peytoureau, Patrick Patrick.Peytoureau at logicacmg.com
Tue Feb 17 10:59:47 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have upgraded my computer from W2K to W XP Pro.
I use samba connections to reach an Aix server (4.3.3), on which samba
2.2.8a is installed.

Before upgrading my computer, everything worked perfectly, but since, the
first time I try to access a file or directory on a samba network
filesystem, I takes approximately 5 to 6 minutes to make connection. After
that, response time is fine.
Do you have any idea of what could be wrong, or is that a known problem
between samba and  XP ?

Thank's in advance,
Patrick