[Samba] Auto mapping to windows home drives?

Charles Hamel charles at pingouin.ca
Tue Feb 10 17:00:33 GMT 2004

I don't think so, this feature seems to be intended for windows clients. You
could do a script that rsh or ssh to the client when it logs in and mount the
drive ex: ssh -l user at host "mount -t smbfs servershare -o username=%u". You
would need to put this in the root preexec parameter in smb.conf (check the
man smb.conf for more details).

Charles

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:36:14 -0000, Ganguly, Sapan wrote