[Samba] winbind mapping depuration

Nahuel Greco ngreco at axonsis.com.ar
Mon Feb 9 14:12:28 GMT 2004

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:50:01 +1100
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 04:24, Nahuel Greco wrote:
> > Hi, winbind mantains a mapping to UID's and GID's in fixed ranges, but what
> > happens if that range is fully filled? How I can depure the winbind mapping,
> > I mean, the users deleted on the PDC (non samba maybe) must be removed from
> > the winbind mapping, how I can do that? is that functionality implemented?
> > if not, what do you suggest to me (without using AD)?
>
> You must simply increase the range.  You cannot delete users from the
> mapping TDB, as they might still own files.

Mm, that isn't an acceptable solution :) because I want to remove the
mapping of the users that are deleted on the PDC. What kind of libraries
do you suggest to me to write a simple script that checks the list of users
on the PDC and removes the ones that are on the tdb mapping but don't have
any files and aren't on the PDC?

There are python (or perl, whatever) libraries available to write tdb files
and to make that type of queries to the PDC's?

Saludos,
Nahuel Greco.