[Samba] Photoshop can't save files, gives bogus "Disk is full" erro r

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Fri Feb 6 14:12:40 GMT 2004

Maybe it's an oversight, but what are the current file and directory
rights? Maybe instead of a Samba issue, it's deeper than that to the file
system????

Jon Johnston
Creative Business Solutions
IBM, Lotus, Microsoft Consultants
http://www.cbsol.com
952-544-1108

samba-bounces+jonlists=cbsol.com at lists.samba.org wrote on 02/05/2004
04:57:05 PM:

> Hello,
>
> I am having dreadful problems with Win2k workstations running Photoshop
not
> being unable to save files to a new file server which we just installed
for
> the direct purpose of serving graphics files.
>
> When trying to Save As a new file or Save an edited (existing) file
we're
> getting a response that the disk is full, which is far from true because
we
> have 1.6 TB free. This happens both with a mapped drive and through
Network
> Neighborhood. Photoshop is the _only_ application that causes this
behavior.
> I have had similar issues  a couple years ago with intermittant problem
on a
> small SAMBA server but I never found a solution for it.
>
> I currently have access to a few other LANs where both Photoshop on
Win2k