[Samba] Re: winbind confusion

Tim Russell timrussell at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:26:02 GMT 2004

Well, it turns out that we ran out of available uids when we ran wbinfo -u. The
number of trusted domains and users was VERY large. I'm guessing the new user
just didn't get assigned a uid in the range because they weren't available. We
added more uids to the range and all of a sudden the user we created worked.

It brings up another question though? If we delete 100 users do we get 100 uids
back or does this list just keep growing? Just fuzzy on how that works?

-Tim