[Fwd: [Samba] mounting as a regular user]

Chris Lawder chris at number41media.com
Wed Dec 29 23:34:14 GMT 2004

Thank you for the reply Joe.

Which smb.conf files would you want to see? I am trying to mount shares
from 2 FreeBSD, 1 RH9 (linux) and 2 Windows servers to a directory
structure on my system. To give an idea my mount script is as follows
(with some info removed):

# Smeagol (FreeBSD Domain Controler/Profile Server)
#
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //smeagol/home-dir$
/backup/smb-mounts/smeagol/home-dir
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro
//smeagol/samba-shares$ /backup/smb-mounts/smeagol/samba-shares
#
# Aragorn (FreeBSD Dev Server)
#
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //aragorn/accounting
/backup/smb-mounts/aragorn/accounting
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //aragorn/everyone
/backup/smb-mounts/aragorn/everyone
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //aragorn/mysql-data$
/backup/smb-mounts/aragorn/mysql-data
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //aragorn/webroot
/backup/smb-mounts/aragorn/webroot
#
# Boromor (Win2K Dev Server)
#
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //boromir/websites
/backup/smb-mounts/boromir/websites
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //boromir/wwwroot
/backup/smb-mounts/boromir/wwwroot
#
# Necromancer (Linux JSP/Oracle Server)
#
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro
//necromancer/webroot-tomcat /backup/smb-mounts/necromancer/webroot-tomcat
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro //necromancer/oracle$
/backup/smb-mounts/necromancer/oracle
#
# Saruman (Win2K Exchange Server)
#
mount -t smbfs -o username=$user,password=$pass,ro
//saruman/exchange-backup$ /backup/smb-mounts/saruman/exchange-backup
#

I can provide smb.conf files if needed for the FreeBSD and linux
systems. Also for the local system I am trying to mount these shares too
(Sauron).

Wasn't exactly sure which smb.conf file you were asking to see :-)

Thanks again for replying!!

Chris

--

Number 41 Media Corporation