[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 joining Windows 20003 ADS

Andrew Zbikowski andyzib at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 01:18:46 GMT 2004

abrams:~# kinit admin at CORP.TCC.INET
This seems to work just fine.

abrams:~# net ads join "TwinCities\TTAGS\SERVERS"
[2004/12/28 18:52:20, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_add_machine_acct(1475)
  Warning: ads_set_machine_sd: Unexpected information received
Using short domain name -- CORP
[2004/12/28 18:52:23, 0] libads/kerberos.c:get_service_ticket(335)
  get_service_ticket: kerberos_kinit_password
TTLNX01$@CORP.TCC.INET at CORP.TCC.INET failed: Client not found in
Kerberos database
Segmentation fault

That doesn't work. I look in Active Directory Users & Comptuers and
there is a new computer account in the correct location however.

Looking at that output, it seems to be trying to create a client named
TTLNX01$@CORP.TCC.INET at CORP.TCC.INET. That doesn't seem right, it
should be just TTLNX01$@CORP.TCC.INET right? What would be causing
that extra @CORP.TCC.INET to be added?  Or is it supposed to be that
way?

I have no /etc/krb5.conf, as according to the Official Samba HOWTO it
is not required.
"With both MIT and Heimdal Kerberos, it is unnecessary to configure
the /etc/krb5.conf, and it may be detrimental."

As kinit works, it definitly doesn't seem like I need an /etc/krb5.conf.

Not sure if this list allows attachments, so my smb.conf is at
http://www.ringworld.org/~zibby/stuff/linux/smb.txt

The host system is Debian Testing (Sarge) running 2.4.27 on an Alpha
processor, using the packages for sarge.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, please please please let me know.
If you need/want more details, just ask.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it