[Samba] one machine connects, others do not

jdyke jdyke at azimapower.com
Thu Dec 23 19:04:26 GMT 2004

I have samba 3.x running on FreeBSD 5.3, configuration info follows.  One
machine, mine, can connect to any share on the FreeBSD machine that i have
access to.  But no one else can connect, inclusive of me with the same
credentials from the other computuers.  All clients are WinXP Pro, some have
SP2, some dont, mine does not.

I had been running samba2.2 and was expierencing the same issue.  In the
/var/log/log.NETBIOS files i was seeing
[2004/12/23 08:44:27, 0] smbd/password.c:server_cryptkey(1055)
   password server not available

now that i've upgraded i'm seeing log.ip.address files, instead of the NETBIOS
name, with zero file sizes.  The error above is no longer entered into any
files. nor is anything logged.

When i browse the Network Neighborhood on the XP machines i get an error that
states "You are not authorized to log in from this location", as soon as i click
on the Workgroup icon.  All of these machines are on a 192.168.2 and
192.168.2.102 network.  i've modified the Workgroup a number of times(rebooting
of course) and each time, my computer can connect, but no one else.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...if i can supply more information,
please let me know.  Seems liek it has to be something very simple...if i can
connect.

Thanks
Jeff
output from testparm
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Processing section "[jdyke]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Processing section "[xxxxx]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

[global]
         workgroup = AZIMAOFFICE
         server string = freebsd
         encrypt passwords = No
         log file = /var/log/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         preferred master = Yes
         domain master = Yes
         dns proxy = No
         hosts allow = 192.168.2., 192.168.102., 127.

[jdyke]
         comment = Jeffs
         path = /home/jdyke
         username = jdyke
         read only = No
         create mask = 0765
--- 7 more of these shares with only the path and share name changed. ---