[Samba] locks on printer driver files

Christoph Beyer chbeyer at mail.desy.de
Wed Dec 22 19:19:42 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry et al,

I'm trying to use samba on a loadbalance cluster of two solaris nodes (two
samba instances working on one IP adress). Everything works really well so
far.  The cluster is exclusively used for printing are there any locking
issues to worry about anyway ? I would like to share 'print$'
'ntdrivers.tdb' and 'ntprinters.tdb' of course to keep maintenance simple.
As there is only one single person who does all the driver issues there
should not be any trouble with different write access at the same time,
just client s connecting of course...

thanks for any hints :-)
	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
 *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *