[Samba] Samba + OpenLDAP + Automount question

Peter Olivia polivia at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 21 09:15:49 GMT 2004

Here is what I did on my setup:

1)       Mounted a base share for all samba data (i.e. home dirs and
profiles) in /home/samba so that I ended up with /home/samba/home/$USER and
/home/samba/profiles/$USER (where $USER is the login name of the user)

2)       Pointed all LDAP users home dirs to /home/samba/home/$USER and
their profiles to /home/samba/profiles/$USER

3)       All I needed to do then is setup shares (and the logon path and
logon home entries)

a.       [homes]
path=/home/samba/home/%u

b.       [Profiles]
path=/home/samba/profiles

The home dirs get automounted at user logon as the logon home drive.