[Samba] Re: Shares With Spaces

Xavi León Javier.Leon-Gutierrez at upc.edu
Tue Dec 21 08:01:23 GMT 2004

Jim C. wrote:

> |> I'm having a bit of troble to mount shares with space
> |> something like:
> |> //server/share space
> |> i tryied using the sharename in "" and ''
> |> and no luck
> | I have no problems using "" -> mount -t smbfs "//share/with spaces"
> | /path/to/mount -o username.....
> |> and in fstab how to I use it?
> | Uou, a great question... i didn't find how to... :( sorry
>
> You've probably tried this but what about:
> //share/with\ spaces
>
> Jim C.

Yes, I've tried it too but it didn't recognize the line where i put the
share

# mount /mount/point/
[mntent] The Line 16 of /etc/fstab is incorrect
mount: don't find /mount/point in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

but if i try it directly with the mount command it works! ... duh?

x files from mounting throught mtab??

Thanks