[Samba] Compiling samba on Solaris 8 --with-ads

Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com
Wed Dec 15 21:58:57 GMT 2004

You need v1.3.4 of MIT Kerberos compiled from source.

I've done about 5 installs on Solaris 8 with ADS support and it works fine.

I used:
MIT Kerberos 1.3.4
OpenSSL 0.9.7d
OpenLdap 2.2.14
Samba 3.0.7
all compiled from source. Do not use the Sunfreeware supplied packages as
the libraries will not work.

Also,
installed ncurses, popt, libiconv from Sunfreeware.

...Joe