[Samba] VPN and browsing

Jim Potter jimpotter at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 14 10:07:15 GMT 2004

Hi All,
   I've set up a PPTP VPN system to provide remote access to my work
LAN, but I can't get (and cannot see how to get) computer browsing to
work for clients connecting over VPN (they cannot see any computers in,
and do not appear themselves in network neighbourhood).
    From my understanding, every subnet needs to elect a local browse
master - in this situation, the only machine on the subnet is the the
client connecting via VPN, so I assume it takes on this job. But it
doesn't work. Can anyone shed any light on this, or suggest other ways
of doing this please

cheers

Jim Potter