[Samba] Copying between physical drives within samba mount - veryslow.

panos panos at kamaradata.com
Sun Dec 12 00:07:22 GMT 2004

Thanks for the response.  Yeah I saw the same behavior with NFS.  It
would be nice to have an rpc.move.

However, if I use netatalk the does not copy across the wire.  I have
not looked into the detail of the protocol.  However, it has its own
limitations.

Do you know of any movement in this area?  Logging in directly is not an
option for our clients.  I have looked at netatalk, samba, nfs and
webdav stuff.

Panos